We are learning about the great health benefits of coconut oil for humans but what about dogs. Yes adding coconut oil to a dogs diet may have some of the similar benefits that their owners see. Below are a few of the best articles on the internet about giving man’s best friend coconut oil.
Guess what, coconut oi is the real deal and not just a fad. This article reviews why coconut oil has made a true comeback after being put into a category as the worst of all the oils because of its high levels of saturated fat.
One of the key points of this article is that all coconut oils are not “created equal” as the term goes. In the 1970’s and 1980’s what was being used was the partially- hydrogenated fat crap that was very unhealthy. Today you can find virgin coconut oil which has some very promising health benefits such as even encouraging weight loss.
Just make sure you read the label and know what coconut oil you are purchasing.
Do you want to run your own business? Are you passionate about helping other
people, especially the elderly and needy? If yes, then you might want to consider having your very own health care staffing franchise. Bright Star Health Care is a health care staffing company, which helps and guides you in starting your own business.
Bright Star Health Care is one of the world’s leaders in health care business. It is owned and managed by Shelly Sun and her husband. You don’t necessarily need to have a background in healthcare. As long as you are passionate and genuinely care about the welfare of patients, then this can surely be a potential business for you. The company will train, assist, and guide you on running your franchise in a profitable way.
BrightStar Health Care Franchising for Everyone
When it comes to franchising business, finding the right franchise owner is a must. Luckily, BrightStar is for everyone. Home care experience is not a requirement because many franchisees have different educational and work background. No medical experience is needed, but having one is definitely a plus factor. BrightStar will give you the necessary business and training tools you need. It will support you all the way. It will not leave you alone. It will remain by your side throughout the franchising process; making sure that you run your health care franchising business in a highly competent and profitable manner.
In order for you and your franchising business to succeed, you need to possess the following qualities:
- Outgoing personality
- Work under pressure
- Loves to manage and supervise a team
- High business acumen level
- Loves success/passion to succeed
BrightStar Health Care as Medical Allay
Bright Star Health Care is a medical agency, which simply means that it has the ability to offer hands on care. This has made Bright Star ahead of its non-medical competitors. Patients and their families will surely prefer an agency that does both medical and non-medical care as it gives them assurance that their loved ones are in good hands. BrightStar offers assisted living, companion care, child care, injections, wound care, blood draws, physical therapy, and even designing a program that perfectly fits the general health condition and well-being of patients.
BrightStar Healthcare has the ability to provide care to patients with special needs including quadriplegic patients. The company has a team of medical experts who is expert in handling different medical needs. Medical professionals are present which work hand in hand to provide the best possible care to patients. BrightStar does provide the same services offered in an assisted living facilities and nursing homes. The business franchising opportunity offered by BrightStar Healthcare is a rounded one. Patients don’t have to move from one place to another in case their condition worsens. They will be placed in a facility where all the care, living assistance, and medical and health needs are being taken care of.
Through health care staffing franchise offered by Bright Star Health Care, you will be able to reach as many potential clients as possible. The income opportunities are endless. Your business has great potential; plus you will be assisted in starting and establishing your business; not to mention the fulfilling feeling you will get from helping the patients and their immediate family. Health care franchising is indeed one of the great ways to earn money while doing the things you love most.
For more information on Brightstar Franchise take a look at their videos on Youtube.
Health coaching is one of the easiest ways to make money provided you have the knowledge, entrepreneurial spirit, and strong foundation. The Institute for Integrative Nutrition offers a health coach certification that you can enroll in. It certifies you to become a health coach and guides you through the possibilities of making money as a health coach. Thousands of students have graduated from Integrative Nutrition and they are earning while doing the things they love the most.
The Institute for Integrative Nutrition is the largest nutrition school in the world. The concepts, theories, and educational foundation in general guarantee that you will surely generate money right after finishing the program. This program does not only work for entrepreneurs, but as well as to people who want to use the program for their own personal growth.
One-on-one health coaching
Midway through the course, students already have educational inputs, which will give student confidence conducting one-on-one health coaching. The one-on-one health coaching can be done online or personally. A lot of students are doing one-on-one coaching via phone, Skype, Zoom, and Google Hangout.
Once you become a certified health coach, you are now eligible to conduct group workshops. This is actually a great way to make money and help others to better themselves. With group health coaching session, you will be able to charge people less while earning more. Group health coaching can be done both online and offline settings.
Creating a product
A health coach can make money by creating a product such as designing a wellness program or writing a book. Not only that it helps you generate huge amount of money, but it also hone your knowledge and skills and who knows one day you become expert in the field of health and wellness. It will also make you very popular in the health and wellness industry and at the same time boosting your confidence and credibility. It’s up to you to publish the book in e-format or in a hard format.
Health coaching enables you to earn money online. Create your very own blog and once you establish your online reputation, you can then great sponsorship opportunities and even appear on popular websites such as The Huffington Post.
Health coaches are making money by imparting their knowledge to other people through speaking. There are so many companies and organizations out there who hire health coach and other health professionals who impart their knowledge and experience about a certain topic. You can earn hundreds to thousands of dollars per talk.
The income potential is limitless. There are a lot of things you can do to generate money such as establishing your very own product line, opening a health store, catering services that specialize in healthy and nutritious foods, managing a fitness center, and so on.
What you will get from IIN health coaching?
• Health and nutrition knowledge
• Business training and handouts
• Support system
How do you charge client?
The rate for charging a client varies, but generally you have to consider your location. If you are living in New York City and other places where the cost of living is high, then you can actually charge $100 per hour. Of course, you have to consider your target clients. If you are targeting wealthy people, then you can charge more because you are aware that these people are able to pay.
Watch Christina’s Integrative Nutrition Review Below
Institute for Integrative Nutrition on CNN – This is a great article on how IIN and Joshua Rosenthal are changing the world through nutrition.
Do you want to become a health coach and help others transform their lives for the better? If yes, then make sure you have a good foundation by becoming a certified health coach at IIN or Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
IIN has a humble beginning. It started in 1992 in a small rented kitchen and then solely offered online with more than 50,000 graduates to date. After a year and completing all the necessary requirements, you will become a certified health coach, which also means that you are ready to explore world and help others change their lives for the better.
Over the years, IIN became successful in producing well-known personalities in
the health and wellness industry such as Pete Evans, Jess Ainscough, Miranda Kerr, and Sarah Wilson. These health coaches among many other graduates of IIN are dedicated to helping others transform their health and life as a whole. Today, IIN health coaching is offered to more than 122 countries across the globe.
The strengths of health coaching with IIN
- The health coaching program is offered year long.
- It certifies you to become a competent health coach.
- It helps you understand the connection between food, nutrition, and your body as a whole.
- It helps you understand what you put inside your body.
- IIN health coaching program focuses more on health, wholesomeness, and nourishment.
- It helps you learn more about the human body, nutrition, and nutrition theories.
- The lectures are conducted by experts in the field of health and wellness such as doctors, dietitian, and highly renowned nutritionist.
- It offers tons of information about ways of eating and how to incorporate those ways in your own life.
- IIN gives you a great business backing such as setting your own business, sole proprietorship, collaborating with other people, and even finding clients.
- It helps you connect with strong network of people from different parts of the world.
- The program offered by Institute for Integrative Nutrition is not only intended for people who want to become a health coach, but as well as for own personal growth and personal enrichment.
Health coach income potential
One of the reasons why a lot of people want to become a health coach is because of the huge income potential. You can make as huge as $200 per hour, but of course that takes a lot of hard work and perseverance. At first, it is difficult to achieve this figure even if you have the nutritional knowledge and confidence. Yes, some people can make six figures income, but most people cannot actually do that. Hence, if you really want to become a health coach and you want to
make money from it, then you have to make sure you completely understand what health coaching is all about. You have to make you shave the entrepreneurial spirit. Most importantly, you should have a strong health coaching foundation and you can get it at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. IIN has helped a lot of people make a living by doing the things they love.
Visit their website for more Integrative Nutrition reviews from many of the successful graduates that have made a career in the industry, or watch the video below.
Starbucks, the leading coffee chain in the world will soon offer coconut milk as a non-soy dairy alternative. This will take effect on February 17, 2015. This is in response to the request of loyal Starbucks customers to find the best alternative to soy and dairy products. The latest Starbucks offering will be beneficial to vegan and Paleo dieters. Starbucks will be using a certified vegan coconut milk made from single origin coconut in Sumatra, Indonesia.
Coconut milk is rich and creamy, which makes it a perfect addition to some of the Starbucks’ best sellers like hot and iced Frappuccino. Effective February 17, coconut milk will be offered in Starbucks operated and licensed locations in the United States.
Coconut is not only rich and creamy, but also filled with essential nutrients. It contains medium chain fatty acid, which is tagged as the “good fat.” The body can easily burn off medium chain fatty acid compared with long chain fatty acid (fats found in animals including animal’s milk). Coconut is also rich in lauric acid (antimicrobial property), vitamin E (antioxidant and hydration), vitamin K (healthy bones and blood clotting property), vitamin B (cellular energy), magnesium (biochemical functions), iron, phosphorus, and potassium.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF COCONUT MILK
- Good for the skin and hair – Coconut is rich in vitamin E, an antioxidant beneficial for the skin and hair. It hydrates and moisturized the skin, prevents split ends, and prevents premature skin ageing.
- Fight off infection/strong immune system – Coconut contains a high amount of lauric acid, a substance known for its antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. It gives the body an added shield against infection.
- Good for the heart – Coconut helps unclog arteries, which is actually helpful in the treatment and prevention of heart-related diseases like coronary artery disease, ischemic heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, and the likes.
- Weight loss – People who eat healthy fat like coconut’s medium chain triglyceride tend to eat less as compared to people who don’t consume fat at all. Fat makes you feel full. It will control your appetite by satiating the brain receptors. Coconut milk also speeds up the metabolism of the body. You will eat less and burn more, which will lead to weight loss.
- Good for the GI (gastrointestinal) tract – Coconut acts as laxative. It promotes healthy digestion.
Starbucks has come up with an intelligent alternative to soy-based dairy product. Coconut milk is a lactose free substitute for regular milk. It can be easily incorporated to their products because of its rich and creamy taste. At the end of the day, Starbucks takes pride in satisfying their loyal clients. Customer satisfaction is always the highlight of the day. Coconut milk is definitely the perfect complement for coffee whether you want your coffee hot or cold. Another good thing, coconut milk is packed with essential nutrients. It is not only beneficial to people undergoing Paleo and vegan diet, but as well as to everyone who wants to enjoy their coffee the healthier way.
You may or may not have heard of Athletic Greens… or in that case any
type of “green” super-drink. Well I’ve been taking a pill form of greens
for a few months and when I saw Athletic Greens… I had to try.
far it’s been pretty awesome. It really is a super food cocktail. You
can watch me mix it, drink it… and then see by my face if it was good
HINT: Yes… it’s a pretty awesome product.
If you want to support me, click here to try it out for yourself:
A lumbar procedure is one of the specialized neurological test, which collects and examines the cerebrospinal fluid; a fluid found inside the brain and spinal cord. This is a delicate procedure and should only be done by an experienced neurosurgeon.
Why is lumbar puncture performed?
A lumbar puncture is ordered by a neurologist to collect and examine the cerebrospinal fluid for the following:
- Finding out the presence and causes of inflammation and infection.
- To determine whether there is bleeding in the brain and the surrounding structure of the spinal cord.
- To diagnose certain disease of the spinal cord and the brain; including cancer.
A brief review on how lumbar puncture is perform
As a preparation for the actual procedure, the patient is put on a lying down position, but in some instances the patient is allowed to sit up. The lumbar puncture procedure in infant is usually done in a sitting position. Right after correctly and comfortably placing the patient, the next step is to inject a local anesthesia in the lumbar area; just in between the vertebrae and spinal canal. The correct position would be between the third and fourth vertebrae. The CSF is withdrawn for testing.
The cerebrospinal fluid is considered a water bath, which serves as a buoyancy for the brain and the spinal cord. Through its support, the brain will have added protection from injury. However, the amount of cerebrospinal fluid in the brain and spinal cord should be kept at its normal level at all times. Any abnormalities can be suggestive of ongoing infection and diseases. During the inspection of cerebrospinal fluid, the values are checked and tested for presence of infection.
Lumbar puncture diagnosed the following disease conditions:
- Increased pressure secondary to hydrocephalus
- Bleeding around the brain
- Inflammation in the spinal cord
- Inflammation of the brain
- Presence of tumor in the spinal cord and/or in the brain.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and other types of autoimmune diseases
Are there any risks?
Lumbar puncture can be very risky due to the invasive nature of the procedure. Some of the risks include but not limited to the following:
- Headache (patient should remain flat for a few hours after the procedure to prevent headache)
- Brain herniation
Finding the right doctor
A lumbar puncture is a delicate procedure, which should only be performed by a highly experienced neurologist; specifically a neurosurgeon. Now, if you are asked to undergo a lumbar puncture procedure to determine a specific disease condition that you might have, then make sure you choose a highly reputable neurosurgeon; someone who you can completely trust. Dr. Adel Malek is one of the highly respected neurosurgeons today. He has been practicing medicine specializing in neurosurgery for more than two decades now.
He graduated from Harvard Medical School and had undergone general surgery
training at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital. This is one of the prestigious hospitals in the United states, which also means that Dr. Malek has undergone high quality training. Today, he affiliates with Tufts Medical Center and serving the people of Boston.
The Scheduling Institute is a company founded by Jay Geier. The primary goal of this company is to help dentist increase the number of new patients. Every dentist knows the lifeblood of the dental practice is generating new patients. Jay Geier’s Scheduling Institute does not only focus on attracting new patients, but as well as focusing on the proper way of scheduling an initial appointment and proper handling of patients during the actual appointment.
SI’s New Patient Focus
The Scheduling Institute has a new patient focus/telephone training program. A lot of clients have tried this and they were able to enjoy up to 40% increase in the number of new patients. On a technical perspective, the scheduling system implemented by Jay Geier does not actually generate new patients, but helps dentists recover their patients they are losing, but don’t know or don’t have any idea about it.
According to Jay Geiers Scheduling Institute reviews, about 98% of new patients make a call before coming in the dental office. This simply means that your front desk staff creates a lasting impression to potential new patients. The good thing about Scheduling Institute is that its methods, techniques, and strategies are backed with research studies. The company conducts more than a thousand research studies on dental practices every month. The study turned out that a dentist can actually lost about 50% of new patients because of staff’s incompetent handling of phone calls. Your front desk officer should know how to convince patients to make appointment. An inquiry call that is not translated into actual patients can cause you to losing money. So, you are literally paying your staff without them doing their part for you and your company.
If you have finally decided to become a member of the Scheduling Institute team, you will be able to see a significant increase in new patients in a matter of months. The production and collection in the dental industry can also lead to 35% increase over the next 12 months. A total of 93% increase in new patients can also be observed over one year period. If you are seeing your practice as a dead battery, then turn to Scheduling Institute and you will surely be able to bring life to your dead practice.
The Scheduling Institute program eases the life of dentist by shifting the responsibility of generating new patients from the dentist to the dental team. By doing so, the member of the dental team will learn how to increase their performance and be able to be a productive member of the dental team. The company will help set the team’s new patient goal, strategies of using the phone and handling phone calls, as well as monitoring the performance of the team.
In the information age, it is all too easy to get overwhelmed with the amount of knowledge available in regards to health, diet and eating properly. You probably want to eat better, but are also likely unsure where to start. Keep reading to learn the 5 foods to never eat and why, but also what you can replace them with.
1) Avoid white bread. Most households keep a loaf of bread around because it is so handy and versatile a foodstuff. However, this is a paradox, because despite being such a common food, it is also one that is among those with the least amount of nutritional value. It’s practically solid sugar and doesn’t keep you satiated for too long, so you wind up eating more.
Instead of white bread, use whole wheat or whole grain whenever it is a choice. Just switching to whole grains can lower cholesterol and even possibly the chance of breast cancer. If you want to take things a step further, then skip bread altogether and make your sandwiches out of lettuce wraps or use whole grain tortillas.
2) Forgo the fried foods. This seems like it’s common knowledge that most people know, and yet people also continue to eat fried foods rather often. It’s very difficult to eat fast food without encountering fried foods and yet fast food is something people usually do more than once a week.
Fried foods are not only nutritionally poor, but they also contribute to higher levels of both cholesterol and blood pressure, as well as irritable bowel syndrome. The danger is that people eat fried foods at home, thinking that cooking at home is healthier than eating out. Rather than fry anything at home, try to use recipes that focus on baking or broiling whenever possible.
3) Enjoy your salad, but don’t cream it. Cream-based salad dressings bring some badly needed flavor to salads, which are a must for weight loss and a healthy diet. A plate or bowl full of fruits, veggies, beans, nuts and seeds is a nutrition powerhouse that is also very lean on calories. However, cream-based salad dressings are high in fat and calories, and if you use enough, your dressing will have more calories than the salad itself and negate the benefits of eating it in the first place.
Salad dressings are a must for most folks, as the bland taste of salad alone is unsustainable and boring. Consider oil-based salad dressings instead, as they are far healthier. You can even experiment with finding your own taste by mixing oil dressings with salt and pepper and seasonings like oregano. Doing this can bring life to your salad without killing your body.
4) What can brown rice do for you? White rice is the most common form of rice used in cooking, but it’s a poor nutritional choice. For all intents and purposes, white rice is just a miniature form of white bread. It makes it harder for your body to shed extra weight, and you might be more inclined to store the empty calories, and this alone makes white rice one of the 5 foods to never eat.
Brown rice on the other hand comes with not only another color, but also fiber, nutrients and vitamins. While research is ongoing, there is early evidence that brown rice helps prevent heart disease, cancer and even asthmatic problems. Brown rice is sold practically everywhere that white rice is, so use it whenever you can.
5) Don’t get stuck on high fructose corn syrup. This sweetener is more common in processed foods than you might know. You can find it listed as an ingredient on anything from pasta sauces to sodas. While the scientific community is hardly at a consensus on how good or bad it is in itself, there is very little doubt that bodies exposed to high fructose corn syrup have their appetites and waistlines both boosted dramatically. There is even research suggesting this boosts triglyceride levels, which increases the chance of heart and pulmonary issues later in life.
Avoiding high fructose corn syrup is easy if you read labels. It does get hard in terms of desserts and beverages, specifically, though. In the case of desserts, it’s best to learn how to make your own. Fresh fruit with berries always works. In terms of beverages, you can opt for diet sodas and fruit juices, but diet sodas are controversial and risky in themselves, and fruit juices often have high sugar content.
Now that you have read this article, you know 5 foods to never eat, but also why and what to replace them with. Use this knowledge to clean up your diet, your health and eventually your life.